Our Mission - Live Life to the FullestEveryone is unique. Individual strengths and interests provide the key to helping one to succeed in their daily lives – working, playing, learning, and taking care of ourselves and our families. Our mission is to train, coach, and counsel individuals in appropriate and effective skills in exercise, basic nutrition, and the mental strategies to achieve and maintain these changes for life. When treating individuals, our goal is to take a 360 degree approach based on the latest evidence based research to inspire and encourage a lifestyle change that will help you change the way you eat, the way you move, and help you with the mental strategies to maintain these lifestyle changes. The exercise will be efficient, effective and appropriate for your level of fitness because you are working with a health care/rehabilitation professional. We will teach you behavioral strategies and habit-changing techniques. We will focus on each individual’s motivations, routines, habits and environment. The ultimate goal is to EMPOWER and MOTIVATE you during this very important journey in your life.
Why Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy?Chronic illnesses such as heart disease, COPD, obesity, arthritis, joint pain, sleep apnea, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes compromise our ability to perform even the simplest of daily tasks, such as sleeping, walking, climbing a flight of stairs, sitting in an airplane, getting up off the floor, or kneeling in church- just to name a few. Occupational and Physical Therapists are positioned perfectly to provide these services/interventions because:
- Occupational and Physical Therapists have a strong educational background of pathology, pathophysiology, psychology, neurology, and neuroanatomy as it relates to anatomy, movement and functional abilities.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists are medically based licensed professionals who have strong expertise in recovery/rehabilitation from catastrophic illness, injury and disease.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists have strong communication skills in promoting and motivating strategies and hard work!
- Occupational and Physical Therapists are able to successfully develop trusting relationships and therefore provide a sense of safety.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists help to develop solutions and interventions to improve endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance to better perform our daily living activities to ultimately create a more balanced and enjoyable life.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists have the advantage of frequent and lengthy contact with their clients/patients.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists facilitate adaptation and organization of lifestyle changes as they relate to self care, home care, work, and leisure activities.
- Occupational and Physical Therapists focus on helping people be more productive, happier, and healthier in their lives!